Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Good Kind of Garbage...

Sometimes garbage can be a good thing. I know, I didn't think it would be possible either until I came across this little pile of deliciousness...


Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread


What you need:
 2 boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp. olive oil
1 pizza dough (I used store bought and let it sit out for during the day to rise)
8 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese 
3 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of Franks Wing Sauce
1/3 cup of ranch or blue cheese dressing (I use the yogurt ranch dressing)


Directions
Pre-heat oven to 425

Heat Olive Oil heat in pan and cut chicken up into bits and cook through. Once cooked add 1/4 cup of the wing sauce to coat the chicken. 

 In the meantime, spread out the dough and cover with your choice of sauce. I used the wing sauce and the Yogurt Ranch, mix together and pour onto bread. 



Next add the cheese, you can use whatever you want but I used shredded cheese. 



 Add the chicken to the top and roll up. It's not easy but don't worry (they don't call this garbage plate for nothing), make sure to tuck the ends under.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. 

 And Wallah! There you have it! A beautiful and large lump of goodness. If I were to name this it would be the "5 pound calzone". 

ps. for those of you who don't know me my hubs is a big guy so i may have used more chicken than my "garbage" could hold. i'm sure if you keep to the recipe more it probably won't "overflow" like mine did (or weigh 5 pounds)

No comments:

Post a Comment