Sunday, April 22, 2012

Update From A Mad Runner

"I Ain't Superman"

UUGGHHH....
that's how I felt Monday. I was pumped from last week and finally catching up in my workout routine. Sunday we went snowboarding and I was ready on Monday to do weights and some cardio and stretch. But when I woke up with my guts feeling like they were trying to escape my body I knew the rest of the week was going to be all downhill from there (and not in a good way). Now I haven't had the stomach flu for quite a while, but I don't remember excruciating back pains being part of it. I don't know what it was but my back killed me all day and through Wednesday!  I was convince that I had meningitis. But I suppose when you are laying on the floor basically hallucinating that your legs don't work, it's a normal reasoning. Tuesday I finally got rid of my fever and felt like I got the shit beat out of me. I still couldn't eat much more than soup and mac and cheese (nothing new there) but my stomach was still cramping up. Damn it sucks.

Wednesday and Friday I reasoned I better do something (definitely not running) so B came home after work and we did some cardio workouts together. I finally felt good enough to do some spinning and weights. I hadn't been up to eating much the rest of the week so I didn't want to over do it.
Sunday I got some motivation and actually ran...outside (only because there was a guy in our clubhouse running and watching hockey). I was motivated, I don't know why (actually I do, it's because I didn't do a damn thing on Saturday) and decided to grab by ipod and hit the pavement. The first half mile was a breeze, then the stomach cramps started. Luckily I was listening to my snowboard mix and that Willie Nelson and Snoop Dogg song came on and I knew that the 3 miles I started out to do was not going to happen. I decided not to push myself too hard, from being sick, and let's be honest, me..running..outside was already an accomplishment. Although I have no idea how far I actually made it, I feel good and have to realize that I will never enjoy running so I should just take it for what it is and do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment