Sunday, December 18, 2011

Update From A Mad Runner

This week started out well how should I put it...HORRIBLE! I could barely run, my knees were killing me which made me not want to run at all, anyday, and I didn't care!
Monday: 2 miles walked .33 uphill. Even though I made it 2 miles, I barely made it 1.25 and hit a brick wall at 1.88. Holy, seriously sore knees! My knees are aching just thinking about this run. It was terrible. B came home and ran with me in our workout room and I had to leave before he was done. I didn't do anything else other than stretch and lay on my couch. .
Tuesday: NADA! Laziness mixed with my horrible run on Monday I didn't want to leave my bed let alone run! I am not sure I will make it much over the 5 miles this week. But I did make it out to a movie that night. I went to New Years Eve with a friend. It got terrible reviews, but I really like it. It's a chick flick what do you expect!
Wednesday: Of course tired and lazy again but I did make it to the treadmill and ran 2 miles .5 miles uphill. I ran .5 uphill for one mile and have been running a tish faster than normal. I also did an Ab burner workout on my Nike Fit and I didn't want to do a full arm workout so I did some push ups instead. Then I got stuck watching the trainwreck called Toddlers and Tiaras. It's not good...but I can't look away!! And the previews make me not want to miss it!
Thursday: 2 miles, oh yeah. I even made a 30 minute strenght work out and man my butt was sure feeling it on Friday morning. Felt like my skin was burning below my butt cheeks. A good burn.
Friday: Duh, day off. We had our office Christmas party, turkey dinner and half day of work....sign me up! B and I then got my new phone and then went to the new Sherlock Holmes movie. I love those movies, I even started reading volume one of his books! Robert Downey Jr is spot on!
Saturday: got up early, got our morning coffee and then clean the entire house! All before noon! Then I went and ran, I couldn't quite finish 3 miles. I only made it 2.5 miles. I got to about 1.6 miles and took a drink of water, then I got really light headed. I really tried to push myself, but I didn't want to get rug burns down my face from fainting. I think I need to eat something other than coffee before I work out!
So this week ended in 8.5 miles total. From how I started out on Monday I'll take it. Now we just need to get groceries for next week and then I'll start cooking Christmas dinner around Wednesday night. Luckily the meal I'm making can be made early and be refrigerated prior.

No comments:

Post a Comment