Sunday, December 11, 2011

Update From A Mad Runner

Monday: 2 miles. Ab Burner and Arm ripper. Arms arms arms! I have been neglecting my arms, although they felt like I was working them with how sore they were getting. Probably from the planks and push ups in the conditioning workouts I was sneaking in. I have not been focusing on my arm workouts though and I think it's showing, I noticed myself running with T-Rex arms and I was getting so tired around 1.5 mile but once I actually started using my arms I got a little energy back!
Tuesday: Yay for me. I actually woke up early (6 a.m.) and did a mile run so I am at an even 3 for the week. I am still debating if I want to run 8 miles total this week or bump it up to 9. I'll see how the rest of the week is going. I really want to run 3 miles Saturday, that's my main goal for the week. I'll do what I can until then. I recently became a Pinterest addict. I have been on that site for a while but now that I have a cookie extravaganza on Saturday to get ready for I was searching for some new recipes to try out. I also found some motivational pics and workout info. One was a quick morning workout of 50 jumping jacks, 20 crunches, 20 mountain climbers, 30 second plank and 10 burpees. I did that this morning as well. It worked well, but my arms are a little dead from last night and today! It's still going to be a good day!!
Wednesday: 1.5 miles. .25 walk, burned 200 calories on the treadmill (supposedly) I also did a Body Flexor 30 minute workout on my Nike Fit. So motivated gotta love it!
Thursday: Morning I did my 50 jumping jacks, 20 crunches, 20 mountain climbers 30 second plank and 10 burpees. I did it yesterday morning too. I need to think of something to call that so I don't have to type that out everytime (as I am going to try to do this every morning).
Friday: broke my rule again! I ran 1 mile this evening and walked .5 mile uphill. The an a burner workout.
Saturday: B and I woke up early, got coffee and ran to Target. We picked up some stocking stuffers and wasted time, who doesn't love wasting time at Target! I should say that I actually work up a little after 7 and was ready to run asap. But while I was on my way to the club house I spotted a gentlemen briskly walking to the door trying to beat me to it! That is the only negative of our clubhouse, there is only one treadmill, one elliptical and one stationary bike. Most people use the treadmill and if you don't get there you'll be stuck with the other two or have to wait. I always bug people to see how long they are going to be. Anywho, I'm proud of myself for at least trying to run right away, but I got there about noon and ran my 2.5 miles. I was TIRED! I really wish I was able to get in there right away in the a.m. but I made it through. I did some stretching and then B came home and we ran some more errands, did some xmas shopping and then went to our friends two year olds bday party! How fast he's grown! I can't believe it, it seems like she just had him and now he's two and they have a newborn! Such a beautiful family. I then went to a cookie exchange party, so good thing I worked it off before hand and skipped my dinner so I could stuff my face with sweets!! Delicious.
Today I took the day off. I was going to run a mile, but honestly I didn't want to and I don't care. I woke up early again and B and I laid in bed and watched a movie together. It was nice to just be lazy, but then we got it into gear. We got coffee, braved the mall and I got some stuff up to the thrift store, finally mailed a gift to a friend (I've had it in my house since March, yeah, finally right!) and got some more xmas gifts!! I feel like I kicked xmas ass this year, everything mailed, all gifts thought out and bought and I had my xmas cards done by the time I got my first in the mail I was ready to send mine out! I only have B left and I am only waiting because he is a snoop!!
Hope everyone else is having a great Holiday Season, it's hard to believe that Xmas is only a couple weeks away!

No comments:

Post a Comment