Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Update From A Mad Runner

Well...this post will be short. I ran only one night last week. I took Monday off I suppose because it was hot out, I don't remember. I have all my days mixed up from traveling last Wednesday to Minneapolis. We headed out east for a wedding and then time to visit my baby nephew.
We flew standby both ways. We finally got on the third flight from SLC. I almost made it on the second, we were going to split up, but then the owner of the seat came walking up at the last minute. If only she knew how close she was to losing her seat. It worked out very well though as B and I got on the same flight and B's friend picked us up after work. We went out to a great patio restaurant, had a full strength beer and were able to catch up.
Thursday we went to the Vikings Training camp to watch the seven on seven practice. Now, I can't say I know alot about football, but it was so exciting to watch the practice camp and be there to experience that. They had concessions, games and jump jumps for kids! It was amazing!
We were able to hang out with B's friends the rest of Friday and Saturday. Then Sunday we were able to meet up with Heather and Cameron at the MOA to do some shopping, lunching and Caribou! B and I were able to get some great Minnesota gear, Twins shirts and Gophers shorts.
B and I babysat Cameron on Monday afternoon. But before than B got a great surprise and Jason and Heather took us to Pizza Ranch, B's favorite! All you can eat Taco pizza! B was in heaven.
Cameron and I had such a great time playing, he didn't even want to take a nap even though I could barely keep my eyes open! Tuesday Heather only works in the morning so we were able to hang out in the afternoon. We ate at the mexican place, shopped at Bargin Betty's, got some New Prague Trojans gear and then drove to Caribou and Target.
We left this morning. B and I got to the airport ready for the first flight, 7 a.m. At the last minutes we were able to get on the flight, thankfully some people missed a connection and there were open seats for us! So lucky!

So, not much working out this last week but B decided to go on a diet, chicken and rice. I'll try it out with him, for a bit, although I don't think that I can cut out certain foods of course, chocolate and mac and cheese.

I did get a lot of reading in. I finished the prequels to SATC novels, The Carrie Diary's and Summer and The City. I borrowed a friends book, One Day and finished that on my trip. I was not sure what the book was about, but I loved it. It describes the friendship of a man and woman who met on their college graduation and the trials and tribulations over the span of 20 years. It was very good, although the book was written in London and I don't like reading their accents. That and the chapters were very long. I took a couple other books with, the first two books of The Hunger Games trilogies. I started The Hunger Games and am over half done already. I could not put it down! I took a nap after we came home today and I was dreaming about it!
 Training Camp
 Just chillin with the players, no big deal
 7 on 7
 Huddle
 Ben with his buddy
 Wedding Party
 Beautiful Bride


 Showing off our new Twins gear
 Cameron is a little ham for his auntie!
 So is his mom

 Cameron's not so happy with his mom's photos

 Family walk time
 Pirate loves Ben
Cameron loves watching him momma run!

No comments:

Post a Comment