Saturday, April 28, 2012

Give me some NRG!

Who doesn't need a little bite of *NRG mid morning, afternoon or whenever! When you do it's so nice to reach for one of these little ditty's. 


No-Bake NRG Bites
Ingredients:
1 cup oatmeal (dry)
1 cup toasted coconut flakes (the recipe calls for this but I did not use, I substituted chopped up mixed nuts)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I only had dark chocolate hershey's kisses so I chopped them up and used them)
1/2 cup peanut butter (mmmmm...)
1/2 cup ground flaxseed (again I didn't use it, I cook with what I have on-hand)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all ingredients together! Easy as can be! 
You can substitute almost anything you would like in for the coconut, but keep the honey as it will play part in keeping it all together. 
Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes, then roll into 1" balls (or bite size). 
Such a quick and easy snack and not to mention healthy. I made these a couple times, the second time I didn't use the chopped nuts, I used mini chocolate chips and I bought wheat germ to substitute for the flaxseed. 

Will refrigerate for up to a week in a sealed container


*NRG= short for energy. My high school biology and chemistry teacher would write it like that, since then I have always shortened the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment