Sunday, March 25, 2012

Update From A Mad Runner





Oh yeah! Up and at um..10:30 and I've already done my 3.5 miles run...outside. Now I'm going to make some protein pancakes recipe found via Leigh Ann's blog. Then The Hunger Games this afternoon. I am so excited to see this movie I can hardly stand it. If you haven't read this series please do. It's so great. 

Anyways, in workout news I have been kicking my 10k training in the ass this week! So proud of myself!
Spring as officially sprung here in SLC. It was so nice out this week I think I even got a little bit of a tan/uneven burn on my neck this week! Although I have been doing good at DOING my workouts, I am not proud of myself as I didn't even run outside in the nice weather! I know, so lame, I used the excuse of my dead Ipod and my dead Garmin and ran inside at our clubhouse. The only positive thing was I was the only one in there and I sweat my ass off. Also I got to see that VH1 has one of the funniest shows on TV right now. Couples Therapy. I was laughing so hard just at the cast I can only imagine how ridiculous this show is going to get. Honestly I probably won't be able to watch it anymore but it was a good diversion from my workout for the day.
Saturday for my cross-train day B and I hit up Snowbird Ski Resort for a morning of spring skiing and some $2 dollar beer. I was so warm and the first run was ICY as can be! I almost stopped after the first run but thankfully B talked me into doing some more runs.  I guess the saying "spring skiing spells I-C-E" is completely true. We were able to get quite a few runs in quickly as it was so EMPTY there! I loved it. Then we had a few beers and enjoyed the sun after the slopes. Honestly I think this weekend was my last for the year so happy it was a great day with B!


snapshots from Snowbird via Instagram
ps. i like to add a song on my workout write ups, i actually googled spring songs and this elvis one popped up...who doesn't love a little elvis

No comments:

Post a Comment