Another thing I have picked up since gettin' hitched is The Nest Web site. Check it out, they have many ideas for homeowners, saving money, what to buy and my personal favorite recipes!
Here are a couple tips/ideas I have picked up on storage for your closet from The Nest...which we all need to work on! (myself included)
- Drawer storage. Use inserts in your drawer. It's great for accessories and belts.
- Hangers. Find hangers that keep your cloths from falling off. Huggable hangers is an option. Personally, I like to overlap cloths, ie, my cardigans, button up shirts, pants and dress onto hangers to help save space and hang more cloths.
- Fold your laundry. I know if sounds SO SO boring! But it makes you cloths more organized!Surprising I know. I can honestly say mine only stay folded for about 5 minutes, until I need something again, and of course if on the bottom of the pile. But by using the flip fold laundry folder you can easily get your laundry folding done
- Use the space you don't see. Utilize unused space by putting seasonal cloths under your bed, in a closet, or wherever works best for you. To assist with that, use space bags. Vacuum seal the cloths to save space and it will also protect them.
- Clean up your shoe area. I have to overlap my shoes on my closet floor to make sure I have enough room. I also make sure to keep them in order of type and style of shoe. Another option is a drop front shoe box. They are clear and you can stack them to save more room and keep it neat.
- Use bins for your towels/sheet/you name it. You can find these cloth bins at Ikea. Put them in a closet or even out in the open. If they are in the bins you won't feel like it is messy.
- Get a laundry basket. Silly I know but keep your cloths in the same space to keep your floor clean! Get a fun hamper, cloth basket or wicker (my favorite) to make sure you get something you like and matches your decor.
- Neat, neat neat, are these acrylic storage shelf dividers. You can find them here and they will be my next purchase!! You can attach them to the shelf to make sure your cloths don't overlap/fall over/mix up piles of cloths like mine always are!
Good luck and let me know how it goes for you!