Monday, February 6, 2012

Update From A Mad Runner

Phew! What a week. I am glad it is over!
A week starting off with a bump in the road and my ass. I have started trying to focus on the diet, which is no bueno for me. B and I did some healthy shopping this weekend and we got me some lean protein shake to try one a day, some more vitamins. I also found a drink on pinterest from Dr. Oz's website on how to get your metabolism back. Eight cups of green tea, tangerine and mint leaves in a mix, drink it all. It's good and easy to make so I'll see if it works. I also bought some kale and I'm going to try to make up some kale chips. I had a coworker who told me it was not good, but I'll see how they turn out. So on word healthy eating (which I have to say was so hard yesterday with the Super Bowl...I made an entire dessert plate and munched on after halftime, oink!)

As far as my workouts though I have to say I really tried to step it up. In the mornings I have been doing a combo of jumping jacks, pushups, mountain climbers, crunches and burpee's. It sucks, I'm barely awake, cold and jumping out the room huffing and puffing. B is like "what do you do in there in the morning!" haha. I can just picture him eating breakfast and watching espn with the funniest look on his face! I think I need to get back to the running routine, and kick cardios ass again so I talked to B and we are going to run the 5k in SLC. I know it's coming up, probably April or May-ish. Plenty of time to get to 3 miles!

Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment