Monday, June 28, 2010

Update from a Mad Runner

So I am definitely getting into this routine of my running and P90X workouts. I still am not enjoying running, but hanging out/talking to my friends about running, I am trying to get into the swing of things. I think that my biggest problem is I am SO competitive with myself I never think that I am running fast enough. This week I have worked on keeping a slow and steady pace on all my runs.
.Monday...I just came back from my trip late at night (5 p.m. late, but seemed so much worse from driving all day long!) so to bed I went. No workout for me and I didn't feel bad about it.
.Tuesday...3 miler and cardio. The miles went good, I ran the first half against the wind, and again my personality made me run like S&P (Push IT) and by the time I had the wind at my back I was pooped. I'm going to blame that on my lungs, and being in a smokey bar in Lisbon all weekend.
.Wednesday. Just a quick 2 mile run then arms and back. I think that Wednesday is my favorite day. Not only is it already half through the week, but it is my shortest run and I get to do my arms workout. I love my arms day, I am seeing results in the arms and Tony's workout buddy is HILARIOUS! My 2 mile run even we really well. Maybe just this week because it was so nice out on Wednesday and I had my new Eminem CD on my ipod that I ran to. Everyone is right and it is way better to run to music you enjoy instead of thinking about how much you hate running! Ha.
Thursday. 3 miles and yoga. So, since it was so hot out last week, I decided to get my butt up in the a.m. and do my run first thing. So I actually did it, but used our treadmill at the clubhouse and enjoyed and old favorite, Saved by the Bell. It was the Christmas episode where Zach and the gang befriend a homeless girl and her dad. After the tearfull ending with Zach's mom inviting them to stay, my run was over. I went to work so proud of myself and after I was supposed to do my yoga workout, but for some reason I couldn't get myself to do it. It's easier for me to do the P90X workout once I am already sweaty from running and for some reason, I hate the yoga workout with Tony. I love it otherwise, but I don't think he knows what he is doing and it makes me mad. I guess I'll use my other yoga video.
Friday. REST! Yay! B and I had to go to Logan, UT this last weekend for the MS Bike ride. B did it this year and I am so proud of him. My sister usually does the ride, but took this year off and I am happy to report that someone else in our family stepped up and did it. i.e They are still taking donations, so if you want to donate, you can go to Ben's Facebook page to donate or you can do it directly here.
Saturday..I went for a quick run and checked out the town. Logan it so pretty and green! and since it is a little higher altitude, it was a little cooler. B did the ride and I even got a quick pic of him finishing then off to the pool we went! We spent the rest of the evening relaxing with friends.
Sunday. My long run. 4 miles to be exact. I had mapped out a run prior to leaving, but once we go to the fairgrounds, my map was all backwards so off I went to check out the scenery and take in the morning. I slept in a little more than everyone else, but when I got up, I was ready to take on the world (or the road) and I came back to a camp full of sleepers, so I did what I usually do on Sunday morning and got to cooking breakfast. I can even do it over a small travel stove!
What a week. Busy little road warrior and this next weekend we are back in ND. Mandan to be exact for B's 10 year reunion, the Annual Mandan x-mas and family time. Don't worry, we are flying this time;)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i luv the mad runner.. so funny... but, glad you are making progress.

    ReplyDelete