Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Top Cheft here I come!

Haha...
I started doing my ab workout tonight with the TV on..it was Top Chef, which I haven't watched since college. My college roomie was into the show, so of course I watched it with her and loved it. I don't know if it was the show, but I came up with the BEST burger tonight I have to share it with you.
Since B and I are going back to ND this week, I have been trying to get rid of food in our fridge/freezer. So I grilled up some pre-made burgers and since I have been craving a Red Robin burger, so I thought of frying up an egg with it. Of course you need to put something else on a burger, so I pulled out some ingredients in my fridge and whipped up an amazing sauce to go with it! I was thinking of something like the Utah favorite fry sauce (ketchup and mayo mixed) but didn't want to go that unhealthy, so I remembered my Greek God's Traditional Yogurt I had in the fridge. This is a great substitute in anything that you can use mayo with (I have used it to make a coleslaw before as well). I also had an opened can of diced tomatoes in sauce. In my Rachel Ray cookbook there is a list of ingredients to keep on hand at all times, plus with B's obsession, we have a ton of different mustard's available at all times. So I scooped up some Greek's Yogurt, the tomatoes and mustard into a bowl and I must say WOW, it was the best topping that could have gone with my burger and egg! I put it all together on a piece of bread for an open faced sandie!!

Ingredients:
Burgers (any kind you want, pre-made, turkey, etc.)
Egg (fried i.e. crack it open and break the yoke, once first side cooked, turn to the next side)
Greek God's Traditional Yogurt
Can of Diced Tomatoes
Spicy Brown Mustard
Cheese, your favorite
any additional burger toppings you like!!
.
Cook burger and egg
once done, melt cheese on top of burger
.
Sauce:
Spoon in yogurt, mustard and tomatoes. Just mix to the amount you need and what makes your mouth water. (I used a big spoonful of yogurt, 2 of the tomatoes and squeezed in some mustard)
.
make your burger up and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment