Sunday, July 22, 2012

Update From A Mad Runner


Well Hello! It's been a while I know.  Last weekend was spent in Vegas with a group of girls for a bachelorette party!

Vegas was an amazing time. A friend of mine that I met in SLC when I first moved here moved back home to the East coast and I haven't seen her since her move. So not only were we able meet up again this past weekend and pick up where we left off we were able to celebrate her upcoming nuptials with some of her favorite ladies! 

This last week I took off for a much deserving break. Not only have I been working very hard this summer but I got a terrible head cold which just reminded me that sometimes your body just needs a break from it all. So after work I was heading home and hitting my bed!
I have really been working it out this summer. I think more than past years because I have noticed a huge change in my body. Turning 27 was an eye opener for me. It sounds so weird to say or even write down but I can tell my body has really changed.  In some ways I love it and some I hate it. It's like I'm just going through teenage puberty. My hips are getting bigger, my face is breaking out more and when working out the changes are coming a little slower than they used to. It's frustrating but I know that it's just the way it is so I'm just rolling with the punches!

Anyways, thanks for letting me break it all down. I am finally feeling a little better, just a little stuffed up but should be gone soon. I'm going to start hitting the pavement again next week so wish me luck!!

Since I haven't blogged much this summer I wanted to leave you with a smoothie recipe. I have been eating smoothies for dinner for the last few months. It's quick easy and even though B doesn't like fending for himself for meals it's been a good change for me and helped with my workouts.


Green Monster Smoothie
I found this smoothie recipe at Pintrest, of course. I tried this out but switched it up a bit for my particular tastes. 


I first want to note that I don't measure out ingredients when I cook, make smoothies, etc. So this is all approximate measurements. 


1 c Almond Milk
2 Large scoops Greek Yogurt...or plain, vanilla or whatever yogurt you use. 
1 scoop Protein powder
1 Bananas
Fill the rest of the blender up with spinach. 4 c?


Blend until smooth and then liquify until the spinach is ground down. I like to refrigerate for a little bit to cool it down. Also if you make too much it can sit in the fridge overnight or during the day. 






This is the easiest smoothie I've ever made and it's so good. You can only taste the banana and it's a good kick start to the day or a nice dinner after a workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment