Sunday, January 22, 2012

Update From A Mad Runner

un·con·ven·tion·al

  [uhn-kuhn-ven-shuh-nl]  Show IPA
adjective
not conventional not bound by or conforming to convention,rule, or precedent; free from conventionality: an unconventionalartist; an unconventional use of material.

This is the exact definition of my workout this week. It has been determined (not by anyone but myself) that just running is not quite doing it for me. The other definition I think I need is...

Insanity...
(I checked all the definitions of this word and it does not quite sound right to me, so I think it means)
1. doing the same thing and expecting different results

With my own made definition (I actually feel like I heard this definition on a TV show but can't quite remember which one, i.e. read Update from a Reality TV Lover) I CAN'T keep just running and doing some abs and expecting that I will get back to my high school self. So because if this REALIZATION I am going to stop focusing on making myself run, do a Nike Training workout or what ever I am planning and just doing something to burn the CALORIES I consume during the days. 
Soooooo
This week was a mismatch of Nike Training workouts, other workouts on my Nike Training App, free form workouts on my own for toning to a very irregular cardio week including snowboarding, help moving a friend to even the old school stair running up and down the two steps of stairs in my house! Yep you heard me. Old school running stairs, it was like doing the seven minute drill back in pre-season basketball. (I know who will get this;) Also the hardest 3 minutes of my week, oh yeah and I said 3 minutes.


All in all I feel like I just need to stick to something to keep my (getting bigger) ass in gear. I do get bored with things easy so I think if I can keep it up I will be OK with my results. If not I will be rejoining a gym!


Infamous Stairs...again 3 minutes is all I could do (two sets of these damn things keep in mind!)
p.s. I bet you didn't think you would get a vocabulary lesson did you

No comments:

Post a Comment