Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Home Cookin Goodness

Since I have been working on my kitchen skills I thought I would share a great family recipe (and B's new favorite meal;) with everyone:

Homemade Pizza

Bread Dough (there are frozen loafs or you can get frozen biscuit dough too)
1 can of cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup (the celery soup is a little sweeter)
1 can of tomato soup
1 package of taco seasoning
1 pound of ground meat/ground turkey
cheese
any additional toppings

.raise bread dough (cover it in butter, cover and let raise. will work if you set it out in the a.m.)
.brown meat
.mix together soups for sauce
.spread out dough cover in sauce, sprinkle taco seasoning over. put meat on top with cheese and additional toppings.
.bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

*my mom has been making this for years, a traditional family dinner with a little homemade twist, which will stay with us forever. Thanks Mom!!
** you can use a homemade crust recipe as well, I've done it once and it turned out great! A little thicker crust.
***I made this last week and used chicken and skipped the taco sauce and used pepper jack cheese for flavoring. turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment