Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Year Resolution

Ben and I decided that we are going to save money this year...really.
We're trying to actually put some cash away to save up for a rainy day, or maybe a house. To do this Ben bought me a new book to read, "Bitches on a Budget." It gives advice on what to do to cut back on your daily routine, splurges and when it is OK to really spend money. I have attached a link to the side of by blog page to link to the Web site, which also has great money saving tips on it.
We have been doing really well saving money. No big shopping sprees for me every weekend like I was doing in the summer and we have really cut down on going out to eat, which in turn has given me more opportunity to try new meals in the kitchen. I am even more lucky that Ben is not picky and will eat anything that I make!
Since we (and by "we" I mean "I") have been cooking more, this Valentines Day we are going to stay in and make a meal together! I am excited to try out a new recipe with my Benji and (hopefully) enjoy a new creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment