Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our Wedding Week!!


Ben and I live in Salt Lake City, UT but are both from North Dakota, so of course that is where our wedding was. Planning a wedding long distance was not a problem for us at all! We have family there, I should say AMAZING FAMILY, that all helped out so much. All the decorations, location details and flowers were all done for us when we showed up a week before the big day. As the week went on, I went home to spend time with my family as Ben stayed to hang out with his. Ben is an amazing person and made this planning even easier for me. Anything that stressed me out, I would tell Ben and he would take care of it! How sweet!! The Thursday before the wedding we decided to throw a "bay day" of fun out in the sun at Ben's dad's house. We had the entire wedding party, and parents out getting a great tan and getting to know each other. It was so much fun! After the day, Ben had his bachelor party and I had a night out with my girls! The next night was our rehearsal dinner, where Ben's mother threw us the nicest party in her back yard. It was a sailor themed party and the decorations were amazing. More family time and everyone getting to know each other more. The next day, the big day, most important day of the festivities, wedding day. I went and did hair and makeup with the bridesmaids and my mother. It was a fun morning hanging out getting a mini makeover. Then off to the location to get into my dress! Just so everyone knows, North Dakota weather is very weird. First on Thursday it was 100 degrees out and not a cloud in the sky. Friday was cooler and a little drizzle was coming down most of the day. At the rehearsal, my pastor had stated if it was the same type of weather we would move the wedding inside. I think it was because of the importance of the day, but it was the most beautiful day out!! Around 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky! We couldn't have asked for anything better. The wedding went off without a hitch! It was perfect and so sweet! It still amazes me that the day is actually over and we are both back at work. It's so bittersweet. Everyone had a blast the whole weekend and the dance topped it off. My favorite memory is during the last dance I was with Ben and looking around the dance floor and seeing how happy our guests were at that moment. It meant the world to me to see everyone we love so happy. The night, unfortunately, had to come to an end. Ben and I caught a ride to the hotel with my sister and I was able to snap one picture of us together sitting in the back seat. It's one of my favorite pictures because we look so happy! It was quite a weekend to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment