Sunday, January 5, 2014

8 Months

Wow, January, 2014. Time flies when your chasing your in between infant/toddler all over the place. (by the way what age do you call your baby a toddler? IDK but I can say for sure I do not see Piper Jean as an infant anymore!) After all the holidays we just celebrated and all the firsts Piper just had it's fun to celebrate the eight month milestone with Ms. Piper. 


Fun:

  • She loves eating! I'm so happy and it's so fun to try new stuff all the time with her. She's been able to pick her food up with her fingers so we are doing a little baby led weaning as well as purees. 
  • She's starting to stand on her own. Still very timid but she pulls herself up on everything like crazy so now she just lets go and will stand for a bit (few seconds) before she reaches out for us. 
  • Shaking her head no. I don't think she knows what it means but she just thinks its funny to shake her head back and forth.
  • Crawling up the stairs. I think I should put this in the not fun column for me. I'm scared to death now to take my eye off of her for a second. But she is a dare devil what can I say. 

Not Fun:


    • Pulling her socks off. I put them on and they are off with in the minute. Then they are in her mouth and wet and slobbery for the rest of the day. Lets just say I have about four pairs of socks in her diaper bag at any time.
    • She started to hate her bath! This sucks she used to love playing around it in now I can't sit her in the water before the tears start! So not fun. 
    • Teething. It's still going on and no new teeth to show for it. Today was a rougher day for her and us but I finally saw one top tooth starting to poke it's way through. 
    Some out takes from today's pictures.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment