Monday, November 12, 2012

Hello are you still there?

So I know I've been basically not even a blogger lately. I feel like I have nothing to talk about but so much at the same time. So right now I'm just trying to keep my two readers happy.  I thought I'd Make this "come back" post a quick easy little recipe you can try at home. (Also because Blogger is acting up quite a bit, I don't know if it is because of Blogger or just my computer since I haven't written a post on here in a while!)

Anyways, I found an amazing new blog thanks to a friend I met through work this summer. It is called Iowa Girl Eats.  She has amazing food recipes, I find myself pinning most of her recipes whenever she posts. I actually took a break from being a lazy wife and cook and made a new recipe that she had the other day. (Patting myself on the back right now)

Her recipe of course is a little more fancy than what I actually did, but her recipe is easy as pie so I'll attach the link here and you can check out her amazing blog as well.

If you know me at all you know I was sold with the Mac & Cheese part.
You'll want to link over to her post directly for the full recipe, it looks amazing. I cut a few corners.

What I did:
1 lb Turkey meat
1 can Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 can Tomatoe Paste
1 box Mac & Cheese
1 can Black Beans

The only reason I changed it up a bit is because I don't like onions, I had a carton of beef broth but since I had it for about two years and never used it and was no longer good. Not only that but I didn't want to go to the grocery store to pick up like two items. (I'm lazy)

1. Brown meat, mix in can of diced tomatoes and the tomatoe paste and beans (you can use any beans you want) do not drain the cans.
2. Start your Mac and Cheese box. Make completely, inc the cheese.
3. Mix together and tadaa. You have your self a Midwestern hotdish!

It was so good, and I think it was so full of taste because of the fire roasted diced tomatoes I had. Try this out for a quick easy tasty dinner.

p.s. Just to explain that it actually is good, B actually ate the leftovers, on his own, making that decision by himself. . This coming from a guy who never eats leftovers, unless 1) I make him 2) he's wasting away.









No comments:

Post a Comment