Tuesday, June 28, 2011

(LATE) Update From A Mad Runner

SO....Like I mentioned last time I am going to run in a Dirty 10K in August with a friend so I better start running soon.
Last week I made it close to 2 miles two different times last week. Woo Hoo right.
Not really, I actually started out doing a 5 K loop on the treadmill and walked about 1.25 miles and then ran the rest. Holla I made it!
Tuesday I decided I better make an effort and ran 1.75 miles.
I know I know, I couldn't even make a 2 miler and last year I was doing (easy) 5 milers. Sheesh how things change. But you do have to start somewhere right?
I have found something I can do it's the Nike workout's on our IPad that are 30-45 minutes or so and I can do it while I watch TV (DVR actually so I get my breathers when I fast forward through the commercials).

Anyways, this week I will try to get up to 2 miles (the motivational comments can start now).
Ben and I just got back from a trip to Vegas last night and I am beat, no workout for me tonight. of course we are also going to the "Transformers 3" movie tonight because B is a psycho about that show and we have to go opening night, which by the way is 12:01 a.m. Yes I am going to take a nap, and yes I will get popcorn.
Well short and sweet, just like my runs.
Here are a couple pictures of our June activities.










1 comment:

  1. Woohoo 2miles!! you can do it!!
    Cute pics...I'm jealous of your pool time in Vegas...looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete